Here are some other good video clips about the Occupy movement.
|About the consensus process||Mark Ruffalo shares a first-person account
of his experience at Occupy New York
|Marianne Williamson speaks out at|
Occupy LA - City Hall 12 October
- 2013-03-06: High Court rules in favour of Occupy Auckland protestors
- 2012-07-11: Seattle SWAT raids home of Occupy activists
- 2012-05-30: Occupy Builderberg
- 2012-05-27: #Occupy Movement Being Labeled As "A Domestic Terror Organization" By FBI
- 2015-05-25: $10 Million a Year: The average salary of an American CEO
- 2012-05-24: Cop fired for protesting with Occupy movement
- 2011-10-05: Keith Olbermann Reads The Statement Released By The Wall Street Protesters
- Russia Today on Occupy
- Occupy spreads to hundreds of other locations around the US and the world
OD news items
Occupy Bilderberg 2012
Historically, one of the biggest problems people have had with Occupy is that its aims and demands have been a little, shall we say, "diffuse". Not the case with Occupy Bilderberg. That's the nail getting hit squarely on the head. Occupy Bilderberg is keyhole activism. Picking the exact right spot and sticking the scissors in. (read more)
Statement by Occupy Bilderberg:
We are uniting activists for a PEACEFUL and organized protest as well as extensive media coverage of the Bilderberg meeting at the Westfields Marriott in Chantilly, Virginia from 7 AM on May 31st until 6 PM on June 3rd. Don’t forget – if you cannot attend the protest you can still help defeat the globalists by spreading the word about the Bilderberg Group and their agenda either through social networking websites or by street activism.
OccupyAuckland sets up in Aotea Square
Occupy Movement and after attending the Auckland march and gathering today we were extremely impressed by the organisation and structure the movement has achieved. The general assembly process succeeded admirably in organising the two thousand attendees into system of direct democracy which began the process of channelling the expertise and ideas of many people into comprehensive action.
Before I had attended I had little faith in the Occupy movement, believing that while it was good to see that so many people are awakening to the truth of our failing capitalist system, there would be no answers found in "milling about" waiting for the elite to listen to us and "fix things somehow". But after seeing the Occupy Movement in action today, I feel incredibly optimistic, and feel that this movement really could be the start of a new system being built from the bottom up, by the people, for the people!
It's not too late to join in, there are people camping out in all of the thousands of Occupy sites around the world. Head down and see what's going on in your local region, ask questions or offer your incites. Get more information at the OccupyAuckland official site and from the general Occupy Movement site.
OccupyAuckland begins 15th October
15 October 2011 is the international day of action for the Occupy movement and United for Global Change events. We are the 99% and it's time for Auckland to join this growing movement.
You are the 99%: its up to you to spread the word. Don't forget to RSVP on Facebook.
Download and print our A4 colour poster or leaflet, or make your own. You can pick up copies and join others postering at Unite, 6A Western Springs Road, Morningside from Mon 10 - Fri 15 October at 7pm. You can poster with wheat paste.
Go to occupyauckland.org for more information.
Occupy Wall Street spreads around the World
financial system that has systematically taken over the US government and enslaved the people. This movement became known as Occupy Wall Street and has now begun to spread to hundreds of other locations around the US and the world, including here in Auckland. Other groups such as Occupy Together, October2011.org, LA Activist and People's Conferences are springing up to help organise people and raise awareness of the problems and groups dedicated to solutions.
For regular news updates on the Occupy movement, see RT news.
- Go to occupyauckland.org for more information.
- The flags you see many of the members flying in the picture are 1835 flags, the true national flag of New Zealand.
- Live stream - offline currently
- We are the 99% and we have all the solutions!
- The social mechanism
- The shocking truth about the crackdown on Occupy - The violent police assaults across the US are no coincidence. Occupy has touched the third rail of our political class's venality
- Occupy Geeks Are Building a Facebook for the 99% - by Sean Captain on December 27, 2011
- The Global Square: an online platform for our movement - by Jerome Roos on November 2, 2011
- The Future of Occupy - Under Assemblies what might national, European and global governance look like?
- Occupy Agorism - Occupy meats Agorism!
- The Global 1%: Exposing the Transnational Ruling Class
- I Went From Grad School to Prison - article by Occupy activist Cecily McMillan about her time in prison
- OCLP - Manual of Disobedience - Occupy Central in Hong Kong, the politest protest ever